This section includes activities, help and advice targeted to elderly people.
Hospital visiting help
Free hospital evening visitor transport service available to older people (over 60), individuals registered disabled or those on a low income. Call 0300 123 1236 to be assessed and book transport.
Hospital Visiting Transport Help
Elderly Care Project
Margaret Marshall, Elderly Care Project
Community Flat, 153 Wardie Road, Easterhouse, G34 9EG
Office Hours 8.45am - 4.45pm.
Project services operate 24hours.
EAC (Elderly Accommodation Counsel)
A charity that helps elderly people make informed choices about meeting their housing and care needs.
It delivers an information and advice service directly to elderly people and their relatives and carers, which helps them make their own decisions about how and where to live in older age.
Older Carers Befriending Service
Older Carers Befriending Service is based in Academy House, Shettleston, and is part of the services for carers provided by East End Community Carers. We cover the East End of Glasgow and take referrals from a variety of sources. Caring for someone can be rewarding but also at times very demanding and stressful. As a result, carers often feel lonely and isolated. The Older Carers Befriending Service provides a vital support service to older carers, as well as providing opportunities for volunteering in the local community.
What the Service Offers:
- · One to one Befriending - to allow the carer to get out of the house and focus on themselves
- · If required, homecare cover (discretionary) can be put in place to allow the carer to access befriending without worrying about their cared for
- · Enabling carers to focus on their own health and wellbeing through accessing other carers support services
- · One to one support for carers coping with difficult times and circumstances
- · Enabling carers to take up an interest or hobby out with their home.
This is a free, confidential and independent service available to any older person aged 60 and over who is a carer for a spouse, relative or friend in the East End of Glasgow.
For more information contact
Tel: 0141 764 0550 / 07823414076