Glasgow Kelvin College Flexible Learning Centres
The College's three flexible learning centres are based in its main campus buildings in:
- Easterhouse (at the Bridge);
- the East End (at the junction of Haghill Road and Duke Street); and
- Springburn (in Flemington Street)
What is Flexible Learning?
Flexible Learning means:
- come in when suits you as often as suits you - we're open during term times five days, with tutor support available:
- Monday afternoons;
- Tuesday mornings and afternoons;
- Wednesday mornings and afternoons;
- Thursday mornings and afternoons; and
- Friday afternoons
- work your way through learning exercises as quickly or slowly as suits you;
- do the work for certificates when you're ready; and
- study what suits you...
What can I study?
The Flexible Learning Centres all offer a range of digital skills programmes in which you can learn:
- office software skills
- Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access
- safe use of the Internet and Social Media
- how to use mobile devices
- how to edit images and video; and
- tell us what you're interested and we'll try to support it
What certification is available?
Certificates options include:
- College certificates confirming practical software skills;l
- SQA qualifications including the National Progression Awards:
- Using A keyboard;
- Digital Literacy;
- Digital Passport; and
- PC Passport
- British Computer Society certificates:
- Digital Skills; and
- ECDL (the European Computer Driving Licence)
How do I start?
Come in when it suits you and arrange to see a flexible learning tutor who'll agree with you your individual learning plan